Happy Hour Joy of Living Group
Business Meeting Minutes
Nov 1, 2022
Attending: Herb, Liz, John D, Terri, Deb, Siobhan, Michele, John R, James G.,
Open with Serenity Prayer
Criteria for Chairperson
- A Motion was made to require 90 days of continuous sobriety for nominating someone to chair for a month. Up until now, it has been a suggestion but not a requirement. The group engaged in discussion. The motion was seconded and put to vote. 4 in favor, 1 opposed, 1 abstained. The motion was approved. The criteria will be made clear going forward and the person in charge of the monthly chairperson election will maintain the criteria.
- Deb reports that the Minutes from the October Business meeting are posted on the website. A motion was made to approve the October Minutes and was accepted unanimously.
- Siobhan reports that at the last GSR Meeting (attended by Herb in her absence) there was a vote to divide District 4. The vote passed and District 4 will be divided into 8 new districts, effective Jan 1, 2023. Guilford will be district 20. Al D will be the DCM (District Committee Member). A motion was made to approve the GSR report and was accepted unanimously.
- Liz reports that the current balance as of Oct 31 is $231.06. See attached for detailed treasurer’s report. A motion was made to accept the Treasurer’s Report and was passed unanimously.
Host Chair Report
- John reports all is working “like a well-oiled machine”. A motion made to approve the Host Chair report and was passed unanimously.
Coins & Books Chair Report
- No report this month as Terri needed to leave the meeting early.
Meeting Adjourned at 7:03 pm
Respectfully submitted, Deb B, Secretary
Joy of Living Happy Hour Monthly Treasurer’s report
October 31 2022
October Income (Donations) $ 286.95
October Expenses (zoom) $ 31.88
Reserved for distribution to District: $ 734.09
Prudent reserve $ 200.00
Pending (Sept distributions) $ 194.28
Current Bank balance $1359.43
Current Available Balance $ 231.06
New Districts After District 4 Redistricting